Do you have skin with sun damage, wrinkles or redness? Need some skin rejuvenation? Christchurch's leading IPL clinic offers IPL skin rejuvenation technology.
What Is IPL Skin Rejuvenation?
IPL skin and facial rejuvenation is a non-surgical treatment using light energy. IPL is a safe, non-invasive and extremely effective way of treating a wide variety skin conditions.
- IPL Skin Rejuvenation is great for sun damage, pigmentation (including freckles, sun and age spots), broken capillaries (telangectasia), rosacea and redness, collagen stimulation and general rejuvenation.
- Areas typically treated include: face, neck, chest (decolletage), shoulders and hands.
- Down-time with this treatment ranges from 1 – 10 days, depending on the pigment present and area treated.
- The results achieved are long-lasting, however individual results may vary. Many clients like to have their treatment annually for the collagen stimulation effects.
- IPL Skin Rejuvenation is also known as Intense Pulsed Light Rejuvenation, Photo Rejuvenation, Laser Rejuvenation, Photofacial, Fotofacial and IPL Rejuvenation.
What To Expect
Your treatment will start with your Therapist talking to you about your skin concerns, and performing a skin analysis and consultation.
To begin, a cold gel is applied to the area to be treated, and you will be given dark glasses or laser eye shields to protect your eyes. The smooth glass surface of the IPL hand piece (with an inbuilt chiller to help cool the surface of your skin) is gently rested on your skin and you will be notified by your Therapist when the pulses of light are applied. You may feel a slight sting, like the snapping of a small rubber band which can be painful, but only lasts a fraction of a second. The treatment is relatively quick in time to perform and for a full face may only take approx. 20 minutes.
The appearance right after treatment is similar to what you will see after a good exercise workout. The flushing and redness will last from a few minutes to several hours after the treatment. If your skin is quite loose you may experience some swelling. If you have any brown spots or uneven pigmentation, they will turn slightly darker after your treatment and eventually fall away or shed after a week or so.
Requirements to achieve skin rejuvenation
IPL cannot be performed on clients containing a heavy amount of colouration in the skin due to UV exposure, false tan or clients who may be on particular sun-sensitising drugs. IPL Skin Rejuvenation should not be used on Fitzpatrick Skin Phototype IV and over, as it risks causing burns and brown discolouration of the skin (see below). Candidate must be using high quality skincare and using sunscreen everyday. Candidate can not be on any sensitising medications. No history of skin cancer or melanomas.
Your IPL skin rejuvenation will be carried out by a highly qualified and trained therapist who will conduct a full consultation prior to your treatment to assure you are a good candidate for IPL. You will also be required to apply sunscreen daily during and after your treatment cycle.
Fitzpatrick Skin Type
|I||Pale white skin, blue/green eyes, blond/red hair||Always burns, does not tan|
|II||Fair skin, blue eyes||Burns easily, tans poorly|
|III||Darker white skin||Tans after initial burn|
|IV||Light brown skin||Burns minimally, tans easily|
|V||Brown skin||Rarely burns, tans darkly easily|
|VI||Dark brown or black skin||Never burns, always tans darkly|